Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Uncharted Territory!

Day Two- (One if you count travel) So today was a great day to start off the trip, we woke up at 730ish.. I'm sleeping n the main salon so I have to wake up once the first person to start breakfast gets up and starts in the galley! Uuuggghhhhh!!! >:( Well, I guess I can survive.. Somehow....so we got all of the loose ends tied up and made sure the flotilla boat in our group (a nice doctors family from Detroit) was ready and headed south out of road harbour into sir francis drake channel. I'm sail master today. We head out, point our bow into the wind, and hoist our main sail, then fall off the wind and unfurl the jib. We had great wind, 15-18 knots, and we made great time, and headed to our first destination, cooper island. Its an uninhabitable little white coral sand, turquoise water paradise! We head in and pick up a buoy. We want the other boat in our group, (from Detroit) the "ruby dawn" to get a sweet spot in the harbor too, so mike suggested one of us take the Dinghy out and tie it up to the neighboring mooring ball, then swim back to the boat. Just like Robinson Corruso! So of course Capn Gabe volunteers. So after tying it up, I swam back to the boat, but when the ruby dawn shows up, and tries to pick it up, they can't get the dinghy loosed from my "Knot of Steel" (my name for a really, really good (some say bad) knot!!)) And to make things worser, while we awaited their arrival we saw a barracuda chilling out in the shadows of our boat!!!! Yikes!!! I won't act like I wasn't a Lil scared. And now even more so, since we knew someone was gonna have to dive in and go help them untie the dinghy from the buoy!!! So after a bit of hesitation, I gathered my gusto, and dove off the side of the boat, hoping mr barracuda had recently eaten a big meal.. D: I swam at "supa dupa Gabe speed" and, after fighting the current, got to the dinghy, pulled myself up, and untied the knot of steel. Yaaaaayyy. Afterward we ate lunch, and went onto the beach to soak up some sun. We Chilled, tanned, and had some rum punches and listened to the gentle waves on the coral beach shore.

YouTube Video

Then came back to the boats and enjoyed a nice sunset, music, and BBQ mahi mahi!!


And the ruby dawn has wifi, so now finding a signal to update is a breeze! :) Check out the folowing video!!! Until later all, Chips Ahoy! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Cooper Isle

No comments:

Post a Comment