Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Arrrrgh (Hour)

So today I'm capn' or el capitan as we call it aboard our boat "the prosecutor"! I'm glad because I had a bit of a headache this a.m. and got a Lil seasick, so it's nice to be able to take the wheel while queasy, it actually helps quell tummy issues. We wake up and make breakfast, banana pancakes, (just like jack Johnson's song) yummers! I've never had em till now but they will for sure be a main stay from now on :) we motor from cooper isle to the wreck of the rhone, snorkel it like last time, but this time I had a pleasant surprise. My closest sea-turtle encounter ever! I saw him and snorkeled down till I was swimming about two feet above him, they are so graceful. I didn't want to scare him so I didnt get closer or touch him. But it was an experience I'll never forget :) We then headed out back into sir Francis drake channel and sailed for about 5-6 hours. I took the wheel while Mike taught the rest (im co-skipper this time :) about sail shape and man over board. We did this by throwing a buoy over board and practicing retrieving it while under power of sail. We all took turns naming the buoy after somebody we'd like to have walk the plank but we retrieved our buoys afterward so it was all in good fun. We then sailed on a beam reach to marina cay for the happy arrrgh. To my dismay, Michael Bean wasn't there, another guy who sang was there instead, not nearly as funny :( We had some pain killers and went down to the beach restaurant for dinner. And at least got some sweet sunset pics from the Cay. Check em out!



YouTube Video











Location:Cooper Isle

No comments:

Post a Comment