Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wowwwzaaas, what a day of travel!!!

Ok guys, thanks for all of your well wishes and hopes for a safe trip. I'm a do my best to come thru! :) da gabesta is on the job, and if da gabesta is his name then traveling is his game...lol.. So anywho, I left seatac yesterday at like 705 in the am and after two planes, one bus and three trains and 26 hrs later, I finally made it to Les Eyzies and met up with my group to tour the beautiful Dordogne river valley in France by bicycle.

So i arrive in Paris at like 830ish (check the cool pic of the paris skyline while we were landing! Yep thats the eifel tower in the middle of my o so dirty airplane window...lol.. And no Di, that is not food i spilled on it lol!!! ) i catch a bus to the train station which gets stuck in a Parisian traffic jam thats went medevil, and therefore miss my train to Les Eyzies! :( But not to worry all, double 0' negroe is on the job, crisis averted, using my seriously 'phisticated French, (more like asking every teller till I got an English speaking one..lol) i get my tick exchanged for the next train to depart from Paris montparnasse..

As I'm on the train heading out of Paris I'm soooooo tired, plus the constant gentle swaying of the rail car is just weighing on my eyelids like Greeces debt is weighing on the E.U....tbc...lol... But trying with all of my might to stay up to see the country side, I didn't wanna miss a single chateau sitting on in a field of sunflowers (no joke) but man you gotta do what u gotta do, and I had to sleep! So I made like a narcoleptic at an ambien party and CRASHED! Well jk, not that bad, I set my alarm so i wouldnt sleep thru my stops.. Good side is I got a lil shuteye, bad news was that I missed a bunch of beautiful pics...but wait, everythings not lost!

Turns out the place to which I was headed was sooooooo beautiful that I didn't need the pics, cuz this hillside village is amazing! Quiet, quaint, one main road, awesome classic French architecture with rustic old world feel, and a river going through the middle of the hotel!!! Yep, you heard me, a river!! Wow, hands down the most awesome ambiance I've ever seen in a hotel.. (see pics). Yes Nemakas, you'll truly love it here, quiet and peaceful, a true dichotomy of Paris with all it's hustle and bustle..

Well it's 1113 here and I've gotta head off to bed, early start biking tomorrow and well cover anywhere between 40-80k, so I gotta catch some zzzz's..lol

Hope yall enjoy the pics to follow,

Gabesta out

No comments:

Post a Comment